Glückwünsche an: sy46t23000 (30)

Statistik

Beiträge insgesamt: 1703
Themen insgesamt: 3840
Mitglieder insgesamt: 88
Unser neuestes Mitglied: arincin

Wer ist online?

Insgesamt sind 90 Besucher online: 0 registrierte, 0 unsichtbare und 90 Gäste

Der Besucherrekord liegt bei 676 Besuchern, die am So 29. Mär 2020, 10:24 gleichzeitig online waren.

Mitglieder: 0 Mitglieder

Legende :: Administratoren, Globale Moderatoren

7 Mississippi State to a 66-41 win over  

Offen für Allerweltsthemen.
Bewertung:
  • Nicht Bewertet

7 Mississippi State to a 66-41 win over

Beitragvon jcy123 » So 24. Dez 2017, 07:29

When embattled Texas?coach Charlie Strong walked into a team meeting room on Sunday, a day after another devastating loss, this time to woebegone Kansas, he said his players looked at him like they were seeing a ghost.Guys, its really me, Strong told them.Strong was the only Texas official with enough courage and guts to show himself in public on Monday, a day after there were various media reports, including from ESPN, that athletic director Mike Perrin and university president Gregory Fenves had already decided to fire him.For the record, Strong said he met with Perrin and talked with Fenves on Sunday. Strong said he was told that he and his coaching staff would be evaluated at the end of the regular season, and that a decision wouldnt be made until after Fridays regular-season finale against TCU in Austin. Perrin said the same thing in a statement the university released on Sunday night.For what its worth, Strong believes the result of Fridays game will carry some weight as to whether or not hell be coaching the Longhorns beyond this season. It might only be wishful thinking -- or maybe not.I dont really think so, Strong said, when asked if he believed a decision about his future had been made. Id like not to think it has, because Ive been told they would make the decision after the TCU game. I dont believe it has been done.Clearly, the odds dont seem to be in his favor. The Longhorns dropped to 5-6 overall after losing 24-21 in overtime at Kansas, which hadnt defeated Texas since 1938. The Longhorns have to beat the Horned Frogs on Friday to become bowl-eligible.Strong is 16-20 overall and 12-14 in Big 12 play in three seasons at Texas.I know the wins and losses dont stack up, Strong said.But after cleaning up Texas off-field issues, Strong believes his young team is improving every week and will be even better in 2017.Next year, I want to come back, Strong said. I look at the job this staff has done and the players theyve put in place and how far weve come. ... Youre looking at a young football team that, when you get everything back in place for the upcoming year, has a lot of talent.Its hard to imagine that Perrin and Fenves would string Strong along for five more days, especially during the Thanksgiving holiday, if theyve already decided he wont be returning for a fourth season. But then again, we are talking about Texas, where the uncomfortable ending of longtime coach Mack Browns tenure dragged on for days before reaching finality in 2013.If Fenves and Perrin had already decided to fire Strong, would they really have paraded him out in front of a roomful of reporters for his regular news conference on Monday? If they were certain they were going to fire him, wouldnt they have already delivered the news to him? At least then he and his players could relax and enjoy what might be their final game together on Friday.Strong said he could already sense that his team was playing tight as speculation about his future swirled the past few weeks. The Longhorns blew an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter against Kansas, which had lost nine straight games and 19 consecutive Big 12 contests. Freshman quarterback Shane Buechele threw three interceptions, including one in overtime, and star tailback?DOnta Foreman?fumbled twice.I can tell on the field how were playing not to lose, Strong said. We have one game left. Its important we play this game for our seniors, because they deserve to get to a bowl game. Were all frustrated. Standing in the room [with his players on Sunday], I could see the look in their eyes how frustrated they were about that loss.Its hard to say Strong has lost his locker room given the show of support Texas players gave on Monday.He doesnt have the support, I guess, of some of the people who are trying to get him out, receiver?Jacorey Warrick?said. But the people who really matter, the players, you can see where our support lies.Texas defensive tackle?Paul Boyette Jr.?made a tearful defense of Strong on Monday. In my heart and my spirit, I want him to be here, he said. I dont make the decisions. Im not the head man in charge. All I can do is pray and hope for the best. I cant say enough about him.If Texas administration has no intentions of bringing Strong back next season, waiting another five days to fire him is only going to make matters worse. The current situation in Austin is eerily similar to what happened at LSU last season, when the Tigers were trying to decide whether or not to fire coach Les Miles.In the days before LSUs regular-season finale against Texas A&M in 2015, there were widespread media reports that the administration was leaning toward firing Miles, who guided the Tigers to two SEC titles and the 2007 BCS national championship.But then a funny thing happened: LSU fans decided they wanted to keep their popular coach. They chanted his name and roared when he was introduced during Senior Day ceremonies. Other fans waved signs of support from the stands. After LSU knocked off the Aggies 19-7, LSUs players carried Miles off the field on their shoulders.Then athletic director Joe Alleva unexpectedly announced that Miles would return to coach for another season. According to various media reports, LSU president F. King Alexander decided Miles wouldnt be fired during a meeting with Alleva and influential boosters in a luxury suite at halftime of the game.Of course, LSUs decision is also a cautionary tale for Texas. After getting new life, Miles coached the Tigers for only four games this season. Alleva fired him the day after an 18-13 loss at Auburn dropped LSUs record to 2-2.Regardless, the Longhorns need to decide what theyre going to do and go ahead and do it. The outcome of one game really cant mean that much in the big picture.As Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley famously said in 2002: If something needs to be done eventually, it needs to be done immediately.It sure beats Strongs current predicament.No person deserves to be in this type of limbo, Boyette Jr. said. Discount Mariners Jerseys . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Womens Mariners Jerseys . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseyschina.com/ . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. Cheap Mariners Jerseys .J. -- Marshawn Lynch said Thursday it will be good to get back to football after the Seattle quiet talking running back wrapped up his final mandatory media session of Super Bowl week. Authentic Mariners Jerseys . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. HONOLULU -- Chinwe Okorie scored 18 points to lead No. 7 Mississippi State to a 66-41 win over Hawaii in the final day of the Rainbow Wahine Showdown on Sunday.Okorie, a 6-foot-5 senior center, made eight of her 10 shots and had seven reboundsVictoria Vivians, the tournaments most outstanding player, added 10 points for the Bulldogs (7-0)It was the lowing scoring output of the season for Hawwaii, which shot just 32 percent from the field and 17 percent (2 of 12) on 3-pointers.ddddddddddddMississippi State opened the game with an 11-0 run and led by as many as 24 points.Sarah Toeaina and Briana Harris had 11 points apiece for the Rainbow Wahine (2-5). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jcy123

Zurück zu Talk Talk Talk