Glückwünsche an: nrtsoncary (35)

Statistik

Beiträge insgesamt: 1703
Themen insgesamt: 3840
Mitglieder insgesamt: 88
Unser neuestes Mitglied: arincin

Wer ist online?

Insgesamt sind 118 Besucher online: 0 registrierte, 0 unsichtbare und 118 Gäste

Der Besucherrekord liegt bei 676 Besuchern, die am So 29. Mär 2020, 10:24 gleichzeitig online waren.

Mitglieder: 0 Mitglieder

Legende :: Administratoren, Globale Moderatoren

uch like Bennett and Virginia, Yale head coach James Jones  

Offen für Allerweltsthemen.
Bewertung:
  • Nicht Bewertet

uch like Bennett and Virginia, Yale head coach James Jones

Beitragvon jcy123 » Mo 25. Dez 2017, 06:20

Wally Backman insisted Tuesday that he resigned as manager of the New York Mets Triple-A affiliate because of a lack of respect and repeatedly getting passed over for the major league staff.It didnt look like there was any future for me, Backman told WFAN. ... I felt I earned more than Ive been given.Backman, 56, had managed in the Mets system since 2010 and led the Triple-A affiliate for the past five seasons.Mets general manager Sandy Alderson and Backman both have characterized Backmans departure from the Las Vegas 51s as a resignation, although multiple published reports have labeled it as Backman being fired. Those reports portrayed Backman as being insubordinate, asserting he disregarded instructions to bat Brandon Nimmo leadoff and to use Michael Conforto against left-handed pitching.Backman called those allegations hogwash. He said Conforto started in 31 of 33 games while in the Pacific Coast League and pinch hit in the other two games. Conforto was 20-for-41 with three home runs against left-handed pitching, Backman added. Backman also noted that Nimmo batted first or second in 84 of 90 games this season with Las Vegas.Whoever put that out there, the source within the system, they lied, Backman said. And thats the part that pisses me off.Backman said he played a large role in advising the organization to acquire James Loney, Rene Rivera and Jose Reyes and never received any appreciation.Its widely known that Alderson has never been enamored with Backman, a popular 1986 Met whose hiring was fueled by ownership. Asked about his relationship with Alderson and Mets manager Terry Collins, Backman said: Its not Terry. Terry and I talked all the time. I think the biggest thing, and part of the reasoning behind it, is the lack of respect.When you work for an organization and do everything, you want to be respected for what you do. I just felt for my time being there, the respect wasnt there. I could be wrong. They could say different. They could say they respected me. The things that went on this year turned my head in the direction it was time to move on.Pressed about his relationship with Alderson, Backman added: Im not going to say we never got along. Its all the talk that everybodys heard. Those type of things. I thought he respected me as a baseball person. I guess I wasnt the prototypical person that he liked.Backman said he was disappointed that he did not join the Mets for September after the completion of the Triple-A season. He noted most clubs bring up the manager of their top affiliate. The Mets are bringing up Class A St. Lucie manager, Luis Rojas, for the final three weeks of the season.I would never ask to come to the major league team at the end of the season, Backman said. Most Triple-A managers always go ... Usually you are asked.Backman had been hired by the Arizona Diamondbacks in Nov. 2004 to manage their major league club, but was fired days later after previous arrests and financial issues surfaced.Backman said he has the temperament and loyalty to be on a major league staff.Everybody calls me old school, Backman said. I use every bit of the information thats available in todays baseball world. Youth Portugal Jerseys . Houston won 3-0 to advance to face New York in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Last in the game, Di Vaio and Romero got into a shoving match with several Houston players. Romero appeared to elbow and kick Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie. Wholesale Portugal Jerseys . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. http://www.cheapportugaljerseysauthentic.com/ . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Replica Portugal Jerseys . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. Youth Portugal Jerseys . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. After failing to make a 3-pointer in a game for the first time since 2011, Virginia head coach Tony Bennett wasnt too concerned with his teams shooting performance after the Cavaliers dispatched of St. Francis Brooklyn 72-32 on Tuesday night.In fact, Bennetts mood was very positive, mostly due to Virginias stellar frontcourt play and a balanced scoring attack that saw six players score at least eight points.I think we are going to have to continue to be balanced, Bennett said. I think this is more of a balanced scoring team, and I like that. It is nice to have guys that when you need a bucket can go get one.No. 8 Virginia will be looking for their 22nd straight win at John Paul Jones Arena Sunday afternoon against Yale.Like the Cavaliers, the Bulldogs have begun the 2016-17 campaign 2-0 and have had some impressive offensive numbers to show for it. After knocking off a talented Washington team on the road 98-90 to start the season, Yale proceeded to hang 89 points on Lehigh in an overtime win Thursday night.The two teams will clash with different styles of play as Yale will look to speed up a Virginia team that currently leads the country in scoring defense at just 41 points per game.I think this team understands that we are going to have to be so good defensively, Bennett said. That is going to be our ticket. We said that is mandatory for us and we know what we have to do.The Cavaliers will have to deal with Yale forward Sam Downey, who is leading thhe Bulldogs with an average of 19.dddddddddddd5 points per game while playing 39 minutes. Downey and his fellow frontcourt mates will have to deal with a deep Virginia team that boasts five players currently fighting for two spots underneath.Memphis transfer Austin Nichols saw his first game action with the Cavaliers on Tuesday after being suspended for Virginias opener against UNC Greensboro. Nichols put in 11 points in just 16 minutes and showed why he is widely considered as one of the best big men in the country.A Downey/Nichols matchup could be one to keep an eye on as the Bulldogs play their first of two straight games against an ACC opponent (Pittsburgh on Nov. 22).Virginia currently boasts six players who are averaging at least eight points per game through the first two games. Guard Marial Shayok leads the Cavaliers at 11.5 points per game.Much like Bennett and Virginia, Yale head coach James Jones knows the key to his teams success is balance.The best part of our team through the first two games is that weve gotten contributions from everybody in both games, Jones said. When you get contributions like that especially off of the bench, it makes your team that much better.Virginia will be the first ACC team Yale has played since the second round of last seasons NCAA Tournament where the Bulldogs fell 71-64 to Duke. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jcy123

Zurück zu Talk Talk Talk